Saint Paul Audubon’s Christmas Bird Count will take place on Saturday, December 17, 2022. Once again, Gregg Severson will organize and compile the count, with help this year from Kiki Sonnen. It will work in the usual way, as follows:
- Each area in our CBC Circle will be assigned to a leader. Past leaders are encouraged to continue in their previous roles.
- The assigned Area Leader will decide how to best survey their given area, splitting it into sub-areas for smaller groups to bird, or to all meet and bird together.
- Area leaders will fill their groups as they see fit. New participants who contact Gregg or Kiki will be assigned to areas as area leaders request participants.
- Anyone who lives within the count circle who wishes to participate as a feeder watcher may do so by contacting Gregg or Kiki.
- Gregg will tally the overall count from area counts submitted by area leaders.
A post-count pot-luck party will take place at 6 p.m. at 1884 N Pascal St., Falcon Heights, home of Brian Goodspeed. Contact Gregg Severson at [email protected] or 612-568-5272; or Kiki Sonnen at 651-331-9560.